I should’ve taken a picture, but everyone was starving so I’ll have to make it again and take a picture. But it was awesome, so going to share it!
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 20 Asparagus Spears
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Garlic Cloves
- Ravioli/Tortellini ( Follow package instructions )
- Almond Meal
- Grated Parmesan
- Egg Whites
- Butter / Cooking Oil
- Basil Flakes, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
- Purchased Pesto Sauce
If you’re using pre-cooked chicken, start this first! Roast Asparagus Recipe
How to Prepare Paleo Chicken Nuggets
I pre-cooked my chicken and sliced it a few days ago, and used leftovers. I won’t cover in depth how to cook the chicken, but I boiled mine in water. Use a meat thermometer to ensure your meat gets to the safe consuming temperature!
- Heat cooking oil/butter in a large deep fry skillet.
- Mix Almond Meal, Parmesan, Basil, Garlic Salt, Pepper in a bowl.
- Place chicken slices/strips in a ziplock baggie and add egg whites. You want enough to cover the chicken so that the almond meal sticks to each piece.
- Drain excessive liquid from chicken baggie and then add dry mixture.
- Coat chicken thoroughly with mixture and then add to skillet. ( Watch for oil pops! )
- Cook chicken until brown on all sides, then set aside on a towel and cover.
How to Prepare Veggie Pesto Cream Sauce
- Heat over medium cooking oil/butter in a sautee pan.
- Add mushroom slices, onion ( sliced, diced, you choose ! ), pressed garlic to pan and cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cover for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While veggies are sautee-steaming, mix 1/4 Cup Almond Meal, 2+ Tbsp Pesto Sauce, 1/4 Cup Milk or Heavy Cream ( if using Heavy Cream, add 1/4 Cup water ) in a bowl.
- Add cream sauce and cooked ravioli to pan, coating everything evenly. Heat over low-medium heat for a couple minutes and serve.