Image courtesy of Taste of Home Recipes
So I haven’t been keeping up with this blog but I make sure to cook at least 75% of the time now. I still don’t like grocery shopping and I don’t think I ever will, but until Whole Foods and Chuck’s start their own delivery service, I am stuck!
I can’t even remember where I found the recipe that inspired me to make this – maybe pinterest. Modified it a bit to suit my own inspiration. Big M loved it, it was a little spicy for Little M, but that was my bad, mistakenly grabbed the “medium” salsa. (woops!) He liked it anyway, it was just a bit too spicy for him to fully enjoy it.
- 1 cup crushed ritz crackers
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- handful of sliced crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Add layer of salsa over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Add layer of shredded cheese on top and let melt before serving. Top with sour cream.
Recipe modified from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Taco-Meat-Loaf
Image by Allie's.Dad via Flickr
I should’ve taken a picture, but everyone was starving so I’ll have to make it again and take a picture. But it was awesome, so going to share it!
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 20 Asparagus Spears
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Garlic Cloves
- Ravioli/Tortellini ( Follow package instructions )
- Almond Meal
- Grated Parmesan
- Egg Whites
- Butter / Cooking Oil
- Basil Flakes, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
- Purchased Pesto Sauce
If you’re using pre-cooked chicken, start this first! Roast Asparagus Recipe
How to Prepare Paleo Chicken Nuggets
I pre-cooked my chicken and sliced it a few days ago, and used leftovers. I won’t cover in depth how to cook the chicken, but I boiled mine in water. Use a meat thermometer to ensure your meat gets to the safe consuming temperature!
- Heat cooking oil/butter in a large deep fry skillet.
- Mix Almond Meal, Parmesan, Basil, Garlic Salt, Pepper in a bowl.
- Place chicken slices/strips in a ziplock baggie and add egg whites. You want enough to cover the chicken so that the almond meal sticks to each piece.
- Drain excessive liquid from chicken baggie and then add dry mixture.
- Coat chicken thoroughly with mixture and then add to skillet. ( Watch for oil pops! )
- Cook chicken until brown on all sides, then set aside on a towel and cover.
How to Prepare Veggie Pesto Cream Sauce
- Heat over medium cooking oil/butter in a sautee pan.
- Add mushroom slices, onion ( sliced, diced, you choose ! ), pressed garlic to pan and cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cover for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While veggies are sautee-steaming, mix 1/4 Cup Almond Meal, 2+ Tbsp Pesto Sauce, 1/4 Cup Milk or Heavy Cream ( if using Heavy Cream, add 1/4 Cup water ) in a bowl.
- Add cream sauce and cooked ravioli to pan, coating everything evenly. Heat over low-medium heat for a couple minutes and serve.
I used beef bacon, broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic. Only request was ‘moar meat!’
Recipe followed from: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1983505174/easy-paleo-frittata
Image from seasidekitchen.com
Added cumin to the tuna, and used flaxseed meal as a replacement for almond meal.