My plans are to do a Slow Cooker Monthly Challenge and prepare an entire month’s worth of meals in 1 day and freeze them for use in my dutch oven or crock pot.
I’m going to start off with a list of basic recipes I believe my household will enjoy. I’ll be adding to it as I find more recipes online or do my own experiments and come up with my own meals.
The idea is to make double or triple each recipe, prepare it all at once and then divide it up into freezer bags and then pull them out throughout the week to place in your slow cooker. Any kitchen duty is reduced to a minimum and you should have leftovers for lunch the next day!
So without further ado, let the list-making begin!
- Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken
- Paleo Beef Stew
- Paleo Crockpot Mongolian Beef
- Paleo Slow Cooker Spare Ribs
- Slow cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Rosemary
- Sloppy Tamale Pie
- Enchilada Wraps
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I like to sit down and plan a month’s worth of meals, that way when the day comes I don’t even feel like thinking about food, I can refer to my list. The decision’s already been made.
This also helps me build my grocery list. Breakfast and Lunch are usually simple and easy ( eggs, sandwich, soup, or oatmeal ) so I don’t plan those.
Blue marked meals mean its the week my stepson is with us, so I choose things I know he will eat ( or we can at least get him to try ).
I am attempting to move towards more healthy meals filled with veggies and more proteins and less creams and carbs. Big M wants to lose some weight, and the only way that’s going to happen is by changing our dinner menu.
I bought a 7 Qt. dutch oven and I plan on getting some good use of it this year!
Without further ado,
- Spaghetti and meat sauce using veggie pasta
- Perfect chicken with asparagus and rice
- Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn
- Steak, sweet potatoes, roasted veggies
- Clam chowder/Potato Soup & grilled cheese sandwich
- Healthy fried chicken, sautéed veggies & baked potato slices
- Beef stew with potatoes and carrots
- Chicken Stir-fry with rice
- Perfect chicken & cheesy baked cauliflower
- Spinach artichoke shrimp pasta (using veggie pasta)
- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, smothered green beans
- Burgers and Fries
- The Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat. Ever. with roasted potatoes and veggies
- Steak, Crispy Potato Roast, Baked Broccoli and cheese
- Salmon Patties with pan-fried veggies
- Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Beef & Mushrooms (do)
- Soy-Glazed Salmon
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Breakfast for Dinner
- -Chipotle Salmon with broccoli
- Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiches
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Dutch Oven Pizza
- Spinach Ravioli with Chicken
If you have a meal plan you would like to share, please leave it or a link to it in the comments. I would love some more ideas!