My plans are to do a Slow Cooker Monthly Challenge and prepare an entire month’s worth of meals in 1 day and freeze them for use in my dutch oven or crock pot.
I’m going to start off with a list of basic recipes I believe my household will enjoy. I’ll be adding to it as I find more recipes online or do my own experiments and come up with my own meals.
The idea is to make double or triple each recipe, prepare it all at once and then divide it up into freezer bags and then pull them out throughout the week to place in your slow cooker. Any kitchen duty is reduced to a minimum and you should have leftovers for lunch the next day!
So without further ado, let the list-making begin!
- Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken
- Paleo Beef Stew
- Paleo Crockpot Mongolian Beef
- Paleo Slow Cooker Spare Ribs
- Slow cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Rosemary
- Sloppy Tamale Pie
- Enchilada Wraps
Image courtesy of Taste of Home Recipes
So I haven’t been keeping up with this blog but I make sure to cook at least 75% of the time now. I still don’t like grocery shopping and I don’t think I ever will, but until Whole Foods and Chuck’s start their own delivery service, I am stuck!
I can’t even remember where I found the recipe that inspired me to make this – maybe pinterest. Modified it a bit to suit my own inspiration. Big M loved it, it was a little spicy for Little M, but that was my bad, mistakenly grabbed the “medium” salsa. (woops!) He liked it anyway, it was just a bit too spicy for him to fully enjoy it.
- 1 cup crushed ritz crackers
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- handful of sliced crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Add layer of salsa over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Add layer of shredded cheese on top and let melt before serving. Top with sour cream.
Recipe modified from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Taco-Meat-Loaf
I didn’t have much time to take any pictures, but I wanted to update the site since I’m starting to get a couple readers!
Tonight’s meal was 2 gigantic Japanese sweet potatoes, cut up like fries. I noticed it was easier cutting these “long ways” than “short”… And a bacon burger from Chuck’s Produce. Topped with a slice of tomato, onion, and wrapped with a leaf of lettuce.
The boys just can’t get enough of them!
I have a couple new recipes planned this week, so stay tuned!
Sweet potato fries: sarahscucinabeella.com recipe for sweet potatoes
I used beef bacon, broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic. Only request was ‘moar meat!’
Recipe followed from: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1983505174/easy-paleo-frittata