So I haven’t been keeping up with this blog but I make sure to cook at least 75% of the time now. I still don’t like grocery shopping and I don’t think I ever will, but until Whole Foods and Chuck’s start their own delivery service, I am stuck!
I can’t even remember where I found the recipe that inspired me to make this – maybe pinterest. Modified it a bit to suit my own inspiration. Big M loved it, it was a little spicy for Little M, but that was my bad, mistakenly grabbed the “medium” salsa. (woops!) He liked it anyway, it was just a bit too spicy for him to fully enjoy it.
- 1 cup crushed ritz crackers
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- handful of sliced crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Add layer of salsa over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Add layer of shredded cheese on top and let melt before serving. Top with sour cream.
Recipe modified from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Taco-Meat-Loaf