Cook Time: 20mins
- 1 Pesto Sauce mix packet
- 1 package pre-cooked chicken strips
- 8 oz spinach, tomato veggie fettucine
- finely chopped onions ( your choice on amount )
- finely chopped garlic ( I used a press – your choice on amount )
- dash of ginger and cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (6.5 oz) of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan
- Start cooking pasta. Add 1tsbp of artichoke heart marinade ( just the juice ) to skillet. Stir in onions and cook for 2 mins. Add garlic, cook until garlic is brown.
- Add chicken and rest of artichoke hearts & marinade to skillet. Continue cooking until chicken is heated thoroughly.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the Pesto Sauce mix, follow directions on packet.
- Once chicken is cooked, add to drained pasta pan.
- Add Parmesan cheese and pesto sauce mix to pan and toss.
So I tried a recipe out of the bettycrocker cookbook again but it didn’t turn out as planned, the sauce I had intended to have didn’t thicken properly, so Mike came to the rescue saved the day. We strained the sauce that wasn’t thickening and added the pesto to it.
Turned out alright. It was better than the crap I had at Olive Garden so I figured I would post it here.