A good friend of mine has become a consultant for Pampered Chef. I am -so- excited. I loved Pampered Chef shows when I was a child ( I went with my mother ). I’ve always loved cooking tools. The more you buy, the more your family rejoices!
I like to sit down and plan a month’s worth of meals, that way when the day comes I don’t even feel like thinking about food, I can refer to my list. The decision’s already been made.
This also helps me build my grocery list. Breakfast and Lunch are usually simple and easy ( eggs, sandwich, soup, or oatmeal ) so I don’t plan those.
Blue marked meals mean its the week my stepson is with us, so I choose things I know he will eat ( or we can at least get him to try ).
I am attempting to move towards more healthy meals filled with veggies and more proteins and less creams and carbs. Big M wants to lose some weight, and the only way that’s going to happen is by changing our dinner menu.
I bought a 7 Qt. dutch oven and I plan on getting some good use of it this year!
Without further ado,
- Spaghetti and meat sauce using veggie pasta
- Perfect chicken with asparagus and rice
- Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn
- Steak, sweet potatoes, roasted veggies
- Clam chowder/Potato Soup & grilled cheese sandwich
- Healthy fried chicken, sautéed veggies & baked potato slices
- Beef stew with potatoes and carrots
- Chicken Stir-fry with rice
- Perfect chicken & cheesy baked cauliflower
- Spinach artichoke shrimp pasta (using veggie pasta)
- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, smothered green beans
- Burgers and Fries
- The Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat. Ever. with roasted potatoes and veggies
- Steak, Crispy Potato Roast, Baked Broccoli and cheese
- Salmon Patties with pan-fried veggies
- Chicken Fajitas
- Braised Beef & Mushrooms (do)
- Soy-Glazed Salmon
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Breakfast for Dinner
- -Chipotle Salmon with broccoli
- Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiches
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Dutch Oven Pizza
- Spinach Ravioli with Chicken
If you have a meal plan you would like to share, please leave it or a link to it in the comments. I would love some more ideas!
So I haven’t been keeping up with this blog but I make sure to cook at least 75% of the time now. I still don’t like grocery shopping and I don’t think I ever will, but until Whole Foods and Chuck’s start their own delivery service, I am stuck!
I can’t even remember where I found the recipe that inspired me to make this – maybe pinterest. Modified it a bit to suit my own inspiration. Big M loved it, it was a little spicy for Little M, but that was my bad, mistakenly grabbed the “medium” salsa. (woops!) He liked it anyway, it was just a bit too spicy for him to fully enjoy it.
- 1 cup crushed ritz crackers
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- handful of sliced crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Salsa, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and additional olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Add layer of salsa over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Add layer of shredded cheese on top and let melt before serving. Top with sour cream.
Recipe modified from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Taco-Meat-Loaf
I should’ve taken a picture, but everyone was starving so I’ll have to make it again and take a picture. But it was awesome, so going to share it!
Ingredients / Shopping List
- 20 Asparagus Spears
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Garlic Cloves
- Ravioli/Tortellini ( Follow package instructions )
- Almond Meal
- Grated Parmesan
- Egg Whites
- Butter / Cooking Oil
- Basil Flakes, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
- Purchased Pesto Sauce
If you’re using pre-cooked chicken, start this first! Roast Asparagus Recipe
How to Prepare Paleo Chicken Nuggets
I pre-cooked my chicken and sliced it a few days ago, and used leftovers. I won’t cover in depth how to cook the chicken, but I boiled mine in water. Use a meat thermometer to ensure your meat gets to the safe consuming temperature!
- Heat cooking oil/butter in a large deep fry skillet.
- Mix Almond Meal, Parmesan, Basil, Garlic Salt, Pepper in a bowl.
- Place chicken slices/strips in a ziplock baggie and add egg whites. You want enough to cover the chicken so that the almond meal sticks to each piece.
- Drain excessive liquid from chicken baggie and then add dry mixture.
- Coat chicken thoroughly with mixture and then add to skillet. ( Watch for oil pops! )
- Cook chicken until brown on all sides, then set aside on a towel and cover.
How to Prepare Veggie Pesto Cream Sauce
- Heat over medium cooking oil/butter in a sautee pan.
- Add mushroom slices, onion ( sliced, diced, you choose ! ), pressed garlic to pan and cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cover for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While veggies are sautee-steaming, mix 1/4 Cup Almond Meal, 2+ Tbsp Pesto Sauce, 1/4 Cup Milk or Heavy Cream ( if using Heavy Cream, add 1/4 Cup water ) in a bowl.
- Add cream sauce and cooked ravioli to pan, coating everything evenly. Heat over low-medium heat for a couple minutes and serve.